Are you embarking on your very first hike?
Essential Hiking Gear
1 of 3
If yes, here are important gear needed when hiking the Klipspringer Trail that you can purchase at CYMOT:
- A daypack for carrying 6 to 8 kilograms water bottles in order to carry at least 2 litres of water.
- Clothes for the trail as weather changes from day to day, a warm fleece/sweater and windbreaker are necessary.
- Comfortable walking shoes/boots (suggested that they have been worn in and provide ankle support).
- Sunglasses and a shatterproof case (optional).
- A small hand towel to dry your feet at river crossings.
- A pair of sandals or river shoes to wear at the camp and to use for crossing rivers.
- Sleeping bag (mattresses and small pillows are supplied).
- A head-torch or flashlight with spare batteries.
- Binoculars (optional).
- Toilet paper.
- Firelighters and matches.
- A medical aid kit (including plasters for blisters and any personal medication).
- A bag to protect your camera on river crossings.
- A sun hat and sun protection cream.
- Beanie and Bathing suit.
- Board games for entertainment or even your favourite poetry book.